The aim of the establishment and introduction of the Estonian Microfilm Register EMIFIR is to record preservation copies made from the microfilms of national items and archival documents, and to permanently store and make available information
The Register combines information on
- microfilmed publications (with a reference to more complete data in the e-catalogue ESTER),
- preservation copies of microfilms (work content, quality and other technical information, e.g. the number of frames, optical density, etc).,
- user copies produced from recorded preservation copies (with a reference to their availability),
- digital copies produced from microfilms (with a reference to digital copy).
The Register enables you to:
- browse through the complete lists (in subdivisions all microfilms, microfilms by the type of publications and digitised microfilm),
- search for a necessary microfilm in two ways: by simple search and advanced search,
- order a copy of a microfilm,
- order a microfilming service.
All Estonian memory institutions producing preservation copies of microfilms (libraries, archives and museums) are welcome to join the Register
The founder and registrar of the Estonian Microfilm Register EMIFIR is the National Library of Estonia.